Senior Mechanical Engineering Technician - CAD
|Activity Sector :
Job Type :
||Full Time - Permanent
Senior Mechanical Engineering Technician – CAD
- This position will report directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, work independently, and with minimal supervision. The Senior Mechanical Engineering Technologist/ Technician will be responsible for taking design projects from start to finish.
- In addition, the Senior Mechanical Engineering Technologist/ Technician will apply a high level of technical and professional mechanical engineering and consulting expertise while offering leadership to members of the design team with overall responsibility for ensuring the output of the design meets the established project criteria and all applicable standards. The position is also responsible for researching and implementing new technology designs as mandated by clients and the Mechanical Engineering Manager. The work environment is of high volume, offering a range of project complexities and requires a high level of responsibility.
- Actively participates all projects during design and construction.
- Successfully develops relationships with engineers, technologists, technicians, and construction personnel.
- Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings, quantity and cost estimates.
- Responsible for ensuring the mechanical consultants’ drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards.
- Develops standards related to our mechanical engineering practice, ensuring best practices for project delivery, and when applicable sustainable building construction.
- Utilization of industry specific software and related technologies in design and analysis.
- Preparation of reports, proposals, and tender/bid submissions, budgets, project plans, and other supporting documentation, as required.
- Manages all aspects associated with contract administration and client services monitoring.
- When necessary, involvement with a variety of agencies for project approvals and permitting purposes.
- Meet with clients regarding projects, progress reporting, and the resolution of technical issues, when required.
- Estimating and scheduling of projects, procurement of materials, and update / maintenance of company-related resources.
- A certificate or diploma in mechanical engineering technology from an accredited institution or equivalency.
- Membership, or eligibility for membership, in the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET), along with LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are considered assets.
- 7-10 years of experience in consulting mechanical design engineering for buildings or equivalent experience and responsibilities is required.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with AutoCAD drafting are required.
- Proficiency with Revit is considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent communication, time management, multitasking, and detail orientation skills.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Effectively manages a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Able to balance work and personal requirements.
- Enjoys working in a professional office environment, with occasional client and site visits, and work outside of normal business hours.
GENIVAR is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
senior, mechanical, engineering, technician, cad
GENIVAR is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Only the candidates selected will be contacted.